GRAFT Development Status Update November 12, 2018Today is a very big day for GRAFT project – we’re releasing the new baby into the world!
The RTA Supernode is a linchpin of the GRAFT project, allowing the real-time transaction authorizations. To get to this point it took a lot of work engineering reliable transport protocol, supernode sample selection, all in a maintainable and modular way.
With the RTA Public alpha release, we’re opening the testing up to the wider public to further test and optimize its performance and reliability.
How to participate in RTA Public Alpha
- Follow these instructions to install the RTA supernode
- Submit this form to request the alphanet supernode PoS stake.
- Join the RTA Alpha Telegram group to get more info about the testing process and share your findings and ideas with the community and developers.
What kinds of goals is RTA public alpha pursuing?
There are several goals for the RTA Public Alpha testing stage:
- Find potential issues and bugs that cannot be found on a low scale network of closed alpha (about 50 participants/supernodes)
- Allow supernode owners to get familiar with the supernode setup and maintenance processes so they will be fully prepared for the RTA Beta launch on the mainnet
- Allow the supernode owners to estimate the earnings on the real network (the stimulus transactions will be running on public alphanet on the same or similar scale as they will be available on the mainnet after the Beta launch)
- Most importantly, work on preparing the network for the mainnet launch by allowing community to discover any security holes and potential exploits
What to expect?
- November 12 – the RTA SN instructions are available to the community to build their RTA supernodes, configure them and connect to the Alphanet (RTA Alpha testnet)
- November 14 – Transaction simulator availability – a special bot that will generate regular test transactions in the system
- November 15 – Alphanet hard fork to enable the latest release of RTA supernodes and client apps; Wallet/POS RTA-compatible clients updates available via Apple app store
- November 26 – Stimulus Tx package testing…
How long with the RTA public alpha last?We don’t know what kind of things are going to get uncovered during the course of the public alpha, so it’s hard to put a date on the Mainnet beta release. 8 weeks is a good case scenario, but at this point it’s a rough target.
How to report bugs / suggestions?Please funnel the bug reports and suggestions through our community dev liason – Jason R @jagerman..