Author Topic: Selling Cryptocurrency at the point of sale register  (Read 3628 times)

admin

• Administrator
Selling Cryptocurrency at the point of sale register
« on: April 03, 2019, 09:45:27 PM »
Darkbane:

its a great way to "sell" retailers on the idea of installing the app... many won't warm up to the idea of just accepting crypto, since it will amount to so few of their users... but selling crypto, changes it a little, and gives them a new item that takes no retail space and they can set the margins on it... it would also bring in new customers who come solely to buy crypto... THAT would be a game changer when almost nobody else is even attempting to allow retailers to sell, just accept... so you differentiate yourself and make it an easier sales pitch to retailers... because new products bring in new customers, and thats how they grow... bringing in the same customers and taking a new payment form does little for them, but new customers means new money... and you overlap ALL that with the cryptofind app (which I hope gets directly integrated into the mobile wallet) and suddenly they can popup as a place to BUY crypto for folks looking to do just that and who want to avoid using a KYC exchange... they just want to walk to the corner store...
other apps will only show places that accept crypto, cryptofind could show places SELLING crypto... and in this economic changing landscape, there may be a healthy demand to sell crypto at the corner store... worst case, it makes a very interesting conversation for that retailer to talk to customer when they place a sign in the window "curious about crypto, ask the clerk, we now sell it"
create the conversation and appeal to those who want to "get in" on something...
/darkbane walloftext salespitch lol

jestergraft

• Administrator
Re: Selling Cryptocurrency at the point of sale register
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 12:10:36 AM »
I love the point-of-purchase concept.  I have always supported Darkbane on this idea.  However, one point that we differ on is, "...and they can set the margins on it."

I'm thinking large merchant markups/variance could cause general distrust in the payment network.  I'd definitely want to control that aspect a bit. 

I could see something more in line with transaction fees, a flat rate per, or something like that.  I would think a piece of transaction fees would be enough incentive for merchants, just as it is for SN operators.

yidakee

• Administrator
Re: Selling Cryptocurrency at the point of sale register
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 10:09:03 AM »
 It is already happening in France

https://cointelegraph.com/news/french-tobacco-shops-start-selling-bitcoin-despite-regulatory-uncertainty

With Graft, any shop could do multi-crypto instantly with near zero tech knowledge / implementation / employee training. It's a really good idea.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 02:32:12 PM by yidakee »